At the end of the 16th century there were three large halls in which festive and important social gatherings were held in Český Krumlov, the residence of the Rosenberg family. One of them, the so-called Coats of Arms Hall, has not survived. The remaining two can still be seen, but in their altered form as the Hall of Mirrors and the Masquerade Hall. Written evidence about them that dates back to the second half of the 16th century. Today's Mirror Hall was, at that time, designated a Palace. In the inventory, compiled after the death of Peter V von Rosenberg in 1545, we find a brief reference to its furnishings and decorations: "Items in the Palace - two drapes, a carpet cover for two tables, and four bench covers." According to a report by Václav Březan, on 5th January 1598 this Hall was used as the place where the marriage of Adam Tuněchotský from Poběžovice took place.